What happens during the various services at Community Baptist Church?
First, let’s look at our typical service times. While we do adjust our schedule from time-to-time due to special events and holidays, typically our service times are as follows:
SS & BSF — 9:00-9:45 am
Morning Service — 10:00-11:30 am
Evening Service — 6:00-7:15 pm
All Programs — 7:30-8:30 pm
Check our calendar for other events and time adjustments, especially around holiday seasons.
Sunday School & Bible Study Fellowship (SS & BSF)
The key Bible literacy event of the week is our systematic and age-appropriate study of the Bible.
- Our children gather for classes where adult members of CBC teach them God’s Word.
- Our youth (teens) gather for a time of instruction from parents and youth leaders.
- Our adults gather in a variety of small-group Bible studies.
During these age-appropriate events the Bible is systematically taught by dads & moms as well as other spiritually-gifted teachers.
Sunday Morning Church Service
Our main service of the week is planned as an event to which we invite the community to worship God with us. The service features two key components:
- a musical tribute to our God in worship of Him, and
- an exposition of a portion of God’s Word as we seek to understand His instructions to us.
Sunday Evening Church Service
Our evening service is not a repeat of the morning service. While we invite the community to this service as we do the morning service, at this time we focus on the actual church family. In addition to some music & a message from God’s Word, you may also find us memorizing Scripture as a family and acting on church family matters. After the service we may end up enjoying a fellowship time or ministry leaders planning meetings.
Wednesday Evening Programs
A variety of programs occur during our Growth Point Evening.
- Children Character-Building Clubs — our children ministries are designed to provide parents with support in the 24/7/365 job God gave them to pass their faith to their children. Important components of our support to parents, if they choose to utilize them, include the encouragement to memorize God’s Word, seeing the value of developing character, learning how to worship God via music and having opportunities to become servants who minister to others at church. All of that is incorporated into our PeeWee Pirate & Patch the Pirate children clubs.
- Youth Meeting — our teens enjoy an hour together in Bible study and prayer time.
- Growth-Point Seminars — a variety of life-event seminars are offered to interested adults. These seminars include such topics as parenting classes, financial management, marriage enrichment and other topics of interest.
- Prayer Meeting — the strength of a church is it’s corporate prayer life. We spend some quality time together in prayer weekly.
Annual Missions Revival & Mid-Year Missions Sunday
Jesus gave to His churches a purpose that involves taking His message of salvation to the entire world. This is an ambitious purpose that involves much organization and investment. While this receives attention every week, the core of our strategy dominates our energy during our winter missions revival and fall missions Sunday. We meet new missionaries, deepen relationships with returning missionaries and learn about what God is doing around the world. It doesn’t get any better than this!
Nursery for Little Ones
We have a fully-staffed Nursery that operates during our Sunday Morning, Sunday Evening, Wednesday evening services and most special events.
Security for Children
All events for children from birth to age 18 are led and staffed by members of the church who have been screened via our certification program which includes background checks and interviews. We take the security and safety of children seriously and desire to earn the trust of parents who entrust their children to our ministries.