Our Adult Base
The strength of a church is found in the adult base – from the energy of the young adults to the wisdom of the mature adults. Here’s where the church is built!
The work of our “routine” programs are vital to the strength of the church. Those programs include:
- Sunday Morning Worship Services
- Sunday Evening Church Family Services
- Wednesday Evening Programs
- Missions Revivals
- Bible Conferences
- Revival Meetings
In addition to these routine programs, we have some programs that are focused on specific areas of growth or demographic groups. Let’s consider a couple.
The best way to become integrated into the life of the church is to come to one of our adult Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) classes. These life-stage groups are the best place to meet people and build relationships. These adult groups meet while our children attend Sunday School classes on Sundays from 9:00 to 9:45 a.m.
Learn about these specific groups on the Connect & Grow page:
- Torch516 (our teen group)
- S&L – “Salt & Light”
- NH’s – “New Horizons”
- CG’s – “Common Grounds”
- SOS – “Servants of the Savior”
- M&M’s – “Mature & Mighty”
Growth Point – LifeEvent topical growth opportunities
We each find ourselves interested in specific topics at strategic times in our lives. At CBC we address that dynamic through our Growth Point ministry. These short seminar-type programs are offered on Wednesdays as a part of the various nursery/children/youth/adult growth activities that happen from 7:30 to 8:30 pm.
Here are some examples of the type of seminars we offer from time to time:
- Bible-Based Parenting Skills
- Freedom from Debt – Financial Peace University
- Thinking Like God (a Worldviews Study) – The Truth Project
- Marriage Enrichment – Marriage on the Rock
- Israel & the Bible
- Teacher Development
- Discipleship & Mentoring
- The Christian Heritage of America
- The United States Constitution
- Baptist Heritage
- Stepping Up to Manhood
- Christian Women in American Culture
- Education in America
- Creation vs. Evolution
Some Other Focused Adult Ministries/Events Include:
- Ladies Bible Study – a once-a-month, evening Bible study for ladies.
- T.L.C. – Together Ladies Caring – sponsors ladies activities & events quarterly.
- Men’s Leadership Prayer Breakfast – on select Saturday mornings.
- Family Camping Trip to the Shenandoah – annually in the spring/early summer.
- Men Camping Trip to the Shenandoah – annually in the fall.
- Silver Friends monthly activity and game time for seniors.
Drop by and see what’s happening!